Who May Enter
Production companies, individual producers/creators, and distributors of a podcast series which published at least 3 episodes during the period from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020 are eligible for consideration.
Any ongoing podcast can enter, and any miniseries podcast can enter so long as they published episodes in 2020.
If you are NOT a production company, individual producer/creator, or distributor, you must get written permission from the production company to submit (proof of permission will be requested with your entry).
English language entries only, at this time.
The Podcast Academy Members – $100.
Non-Members – $175.
Payments may be made by credit card, paypal, or bank transfer.
December 15, 2020
Submissions entered after December 15 may be ineligible to compete AND are subject to a $50 late fee per entry.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
1. Launch Date: All entries into the 2021 competition must have published at least 3 episodes between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. “Published” is defined as the date the episode was first made available for streaming or download to the public.
2. Rights: Entries must either be submitted by the production company, individual producer/creator, or distributor of a podcast. Or, the production company must give authorization to the submitter. The same podcast may not be submitted by more than one company.
3. Category Submission Limits: There are two types of category: Show Recognition, and Talent Recognition.
Show Recognition Categories: A podcast may be submitted into a maximum of three Show Recognition Categories.
Talent Recognition Categories: There are no limits on Talent Recognition Categories.
4. Entry Review: Entries will be screened for eligibility including launch date. It is the responsibility of the submitter to determine and select the appropriate category. However, the awards committee reserves the right to move entries to appropriate categories or dismiss inappropriate submissions. In the event a submission is disqualified the entry fee will be returned to the submitter.
5. Nominees: Up to five (or six in case of a tie) nominees will be selected for each category from all submissions and announced in early February 2021.
6. Voting: Regular Members of The Podcast Academy will have one month to listen to nominated podcasts in their assigned categories and vote for winners.
7. Winners: Winners will be announced on March 28, 2021.
8. Category Cancellation: At least six entries must be submitted in a category or the category may be cancelled or combined. If a category is cancelled, entry fees will be refunded, or entries will be reassigned to other categories with permission of the submitter.